A suspected arson attack has taken place at a mosque in Manchester, which has previously been the target of other attacks.
Five fire engines arrived on the scene at Nasfat Manchester Islamic Centre at around 11:45pm last night (July 16), the BBC said.
It is thought that no one was inside the building, in north Manchester, at the time the fire started and no injuries have been reported, according to The Telegraph.
Shamusideen Oladimeji, a spokesperson for the centre said he believed the fire had been started deliberately.
He added that, three years ago, the mosque had also been a target for an arson attack.
Oladimeji went on to say "it has been seriously damaged. The police won't let us in. We don't know why this happened.
"We try to be good neighbours and we try to be involved with our local community."
Greater Manchester Police has not yet confirmed whether the fire is part of a hate crime, but has said it is treating the incident as suspicious and it is working with Greater Manchester Fire Service on an investigation.
The mosque currently has around 300 members and was also previously attacked when two pigs' heads were thrown inside.