Suspect in London terror attack had 'previously been reported to police for trying to radicalise children'

Suspect in London terror attack had 'previously been reported to police after trying to radicalise children'

Police raided homes in Barking

Monday, June 5, 2017

One of the main suspects in the London terror attack had previously been reported to police in 2015.

It is believed that he was shot dead last night (June 4) during raids by police, according to The Telegraph.

His neighbour in Barking, Erica Gasparri said she informed the police about the man after he told her that he was "prepared to do whatever is required in the name of Allah."

She also claimed that he would go to the park and talk to children about Islam, attempting to radicalise them.

The woman spoke of one time when her young son came to her and said "mummy, I want to become a Muslim."

Gasparri then visited the park to speak to the man, who was also with two others. During the confrontation she took four photos and a video, which she later gave to police.

The neighbour said: "To me, my first impression was that he was a terrorist radicaliser. "He told me he would do 'whatever is required in the name of Allah...I would be prepared to kill my mother'."

"He also came to the houses and gave the kids money and sweets during Ramadan."

She claims she was told that the evidence she had given to Barking Police had been passed on to Scotland Yard.

Gasparri says that the police didn't appear to do anything following her allegations, despite being concerned when she reported the issue.

She also believes a woman called Romana had told the suspect that he had been reported to the police in 2015.

Comments