Prince overdose rumours: 'No smoke without fire', admits showbiz reporter Jack Hardwick

Prince overdose rumours: 'No smoke without fire', admits showbiz reporter Jack Hardwick

Prince passed away at the age of 57 earlier this month

Friday, April 29, 2016

Showbiz reporter Jack Hardwick admits ‘there is no smoke without fire’ as rumours of a possible overdose continue to surround Prince's untimely death.

A judge has granted an official search warrant for the singer's house after reports claim he had prescription painkillers on him when he died.

And Daily Star reporter Hardwick told Julia Hartley-Brewer: “What we can confirm is Prince was very unwell and he was taking a lot of prescription drugs.

“There are a lot of rumors, the latest ones are that he had HIV or he had a low blood count.

"Although there is no substantial evidence [of a drug overdose], there is no smoke without fire.

"It's similar to Michael Jackson’s death. This has turned in to a free for all.

"His lawyers have said he didn’t die of an overdose but [at this time] no one really knows."