American man is electrocuted by iPhone charger in freak accident

American man is electrocuted by iPhone charger in freak accident

Wiley Day was left with a severe electomagnetic burn after a freak accident with his iPhone charger

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A freak accident saw an American man end up in hospital after being electrocuted by his iPhone charger. 

Wiley Day, from Alabama, had woken up one morning in March, and had reached over to grab his phone, which he had left to charge at the head of the bed.  

However, as he did so, a metal chain he was wearing around his neck came into contact with the magnetised section of the charger. 

As a result, a residual charge left in the plug moved into the necklace, which became a conductor for it, and then into Wiley's neck.

The Alabama resident was left with a severe second-and-third degree burns and was knocked unconscious. 

He was able to leave after a few days, and described the experience to the Washington post, saying he'd felt "numb", and like "there was a great pressure" around his neck.

Comments