Fifth man killed in London in six days after triple stabbing

London suffers fifth killing in six days after triple stabbing

Welbeck Road in Barnet. Image: Google Street View

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A man has died following a triple stabbing in north London - the fifth killing in the capital in six days.

Officers were called to Welbeck Road, Barnet, at 10.50pm on Tuesday following reports of a fight.

Scotland Yard said three men who had been stabbed were taken to hospital, one of whom later died.

The two other injured men - aged 25 and 34 - were not in a life-threatening condition.

Superintendent Tim Alexander from the force's North West Command Unit said: "Our thoughts are with the victim's family at this very difficult time. This is such a tragic loss of life and we urge anyone with information to come forward.

"The information you provide can be used to great effect to not only detect, but also prevent crime.

"We are working closely with the Homicide and Major Crime Command as part of their ongoing investigation into the full circumstances."

Any witnesses or anyone with information about the killing was urged to contact police.

The suspected murder comes after a man in his 40s was stabbed to death in Whalebone Lane, Stratford, in the early hours of Monday.

That killing followed three others in the space of 24 hours, including two teenagers who were fatally attacked on Friday.

Cheyon Evans, 18, was found stabbed on Deeside Road in Wandsworth, south-west London, at 4.42pm, and died at the scene.

In the second killing, Eniola Aluko, 19, from Thamesmead, south-east London, was shot dead in Hartville Road, Plumstead, shortly before 5pm.

On Saturday, a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in a field next to a nursery and a mosque in Alton Street, in Tower Hamlets, east London, just before 2pm.

As well as the violent deaths, another victim, 45, was left in a critical condition when he was stabbed in Enfield at about 3.30pm on Saturday.

A 17-year-old boy was also left fighting for his life after he was shot on the Tulse Hill Estate, south west London, at around 9.40pm on Sunday.

Another man, aged 28, was also shot shortly after 11.30am on Monday in Leytonstone, east London, but his injuries were non-life threatening.

The Metropolitan Police said it had boosted activity by its Violent Crime Taskforce in certain hotspots.

Mohamed Nadir Dafallah, 18, from Wandsworth, and a 17-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been charged with Cheyon's murder and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.

Read more

Gangsters jailed for 26 years for weapons offences

One in four young people feel unsafe where they live, study finds