Darren Osborne has been convicted of carrying out the attack which left a Muslim worshipper dead in Finsbury Park last year.
Osborne has been found guilty of murder and attempted murder in relation to the attack on June 19 June 2017, which also left several people injured.
Following a nine-day trial at Woolwich Crown Court, Osborne, 48 and of Cardiff, was found guilty of the murder of 51-year-old Makram Ali and the attempted murder of several others.
The judge will now consider whether the offences were committed with a terrorist connection - as defined by section 30 of the Terrorism Act 2008 - ahead of Osborne’s sentencing, which will take place tomorrow, Friday, 2 February.
During his trial, the court heard how Osborne ploughed a van into a crowd of Muslim worshippers as they tended to Ali, who had already fallen ill. Jurors were told that he had become a hardened islamophobe after watching a documentary on Muslims sex gangs, and had also been inspired by far-right figures on social media.
Commander Dean Haydon, Head of the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: “Osborne’s evil and cowardly actions meant a family has tragically lost a husband, father and grandfather. There were also 12 others, who, having gone to Ali’s aid, sustained various injuries from the collision. Some of those injured have still not fully recovered and could suffer from health issues for the rest of their lives.
“I would like to pay tribute to Mr Ali’s family and the local community in Finsbury Park, for their tremendous support and understanding with our investigation during what must have been an extremely difficult time for them.
“From the very outset, this investigation has had the full weight of the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command behind it and I hope today’s outcome means those affected can start to think about putting this terrible ordeal behind them.”