A five-inch long tapeworm has been removed from a woman's breast, after she ate three live frogs as a form of traditional medicine in China.
The tapeworm was only discovered when a lump emerged on the woman’s breast, Hangzhou News reported.
Local media reports she actually ate the frogs five years ago as a folk remedy for rheumatism, which causes joints to become painful as well as body tissue.
However, rather than cure her pain, it gave the 59-year-old a parasite problem which has been deemed as very serious, according to The Daily Mail.
This isn't the first time she's been in hospital with parasites due to the frogs. In fact it was a previous hospital visit that caused her family to realise what she had done.
This was because not only did she believe she needed to eat the frogs, but the folk remedy also instructed her not to tell anyone she had done this.
Therefore her family did not know about the strange treatment until a few months after eating the frogs, as she had such pains in her stomach that she visited the hospital, when the parasites were found.
She was treated and suffered no further problems - until the tapeworm in her breast was discovered.
She is still being treated following the operation to remove it, however she may still have parasites in her body as doctors say larvae could have easily already been spread around her body.