A decision to release black cab rapist John Worboys from jail has been overturned by the High Court.
Three judges ruled today (March 28) that the Parole Board must make a "fresh determination" in the case of the 60-year-old serial sex attacker following a challenge by victims.
Parole Board chairman Nick Hardwick resigned ahead of the ruling, according to unconfirmed reports.
The judges, Sir Brian Leveson, Justice Jay and Justice Garnham, said the board should have "undertaken further inquiry into the circumstances of his offending."
They said due to their findings the "release decision will be quashed" and the case will now be "remitted to the Parole Board for fresh determination before a differently constituted panel."
During a hearing earlier this month, lawyers for two women who brought the challenge, argued that the decision by the Parole Board to release Worboys was "irrational" and should be overturned.
Worboys' release was first granted in January, however at the conclusion of the hearing on March 14 the judges continued a temporary bar preventing the Worboys release.
Worboys, who now goes by the name of John Radford, was jailed indefinitely in 2009 with a minimum term of eight years.
He had been found guilty of 19 offences which included rape, sexual assault and drugging, committed against 12 victims.
However, police believe he committed crimes against 105 women between 2002 and 2008, when he was caught.
The judges heard that Worboys, who has served 10 years behind bars, including remand time, has denied committing any offences other than those for which he was convicted.
The Parole Board argued that its decision was "lawful and and rational" and was based on appropriate evidence.