Katie Price banned from driving for second time

Katie Price

Katie Price arrives at Crawley Magistrates' Court. Image: Andrew Matthews/PA

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Katie Price has been banned from driving for three months and fined £1,100 after pleading guilty to charges of driving while disqualified and without insurance.

The former glamour model had been spotted driving a Ford Fiesta near her home in West Sussex while a a six-month driving ban was still in place.

Prosecutor Gaynor Byng told the court that Ms Price had been informed of her breach by a newspaper.

 

 

She then phoned police, who confirmed she was banned, and also posted about it on Instagram, magistrates were told.

Paul Macaulay, defending, said Ms Price had mistakenly believed her ban had ended before she got behind the wheel, and had never contacted the DVLA to reinstate her driving licence because she was "not the best" at paperwork.

Katie Price leaves the court. Image: Andrew Matthews/PA

The 40-year-old was ordered to pay a total of £1,295, including the fine and costs, at Crawley Magistrates' Court today. She was ordered to settle the bill within 14 days.

The mother-of-five - who was once estimated to be worth £40 million - will face magistrates again next month, as she stands trial after denying being almost twice the legal alcohol limit while legally in charge of a pink Range Rover.

Comments