Kellyanne Conway had mentioned Bowling Green Massacre before MSNBC debacle

Kellyanne Conway had mentioned Bowling Green Massacre before MSNBC debacle

Kellyanne Conway has previously mentioned the Bowling Green Massacre

Monday, February 6, 2017

Kellyanne Conway's disastrous interview with MSNBC was not the first time she had mentioned the phantom 'Bowling Green Massacre' it has emerged.

Speaking on MSNBC's 'Hardball' programme last week, Conway said that two refugees from Iraq who entered the US under the Obama administration were behind the 'Bowling Green massacre'.

Unfortunately for Donald Trump's right-hand woman, the social media commentariat immediately pointed out the event never actually happened. 

Conway subsequently claimed it was a simple mistake, saying she meant to say "Bowling Green terrorists" and made a slight mistake with her choice of words.

However it has now emerged that she cited the 'Bowling Green Massacre' in an interview with Cosmopolitan on January 29 - several days before the MSNBC appearance.

In the Cosmopolitan interview, Conway claimed that President Barack Obama had demanded a temporary "ban on Iraqi refugees" as a result of the "Bowling Green massacre."

The comments did not appear in either of the articles published on Cosmopolitan.com, but the women's magazine has now brought them to light.

Conway said that President Obama banned Iraqi refugees "for exactly the same reasons [as Mr Trump's travel ban]. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined Isis, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills, and come back here, and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away."