Kiya Grisoli: 'Predator' who raped woman after offering to help her get home jailed

Kiya Grisoli was described as a "predator" by police

Kiya Grisoli was described as a "predator" by police

Friday, December 1, 2017

A man who offered to help a woman get home, but then raped her, has been jailed for a decade.

Kiya Grisoli, 23 and of Perivale, was found guilty of six counts of rape after a seven-day trial at Harrow Crown Court on Tuesday October 24.

On Friday December 1, Grisoli was sentenced at the same court to 10 years in prison.

Grisoli is to serve 10 years on each count of rape to run concurrently and, due to his dangerous nature, he will serve at least two-thirds of the sentence, police said.

Grisoli will also be on extended licence for a further four years and will remain on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

The court heard how Grisoli tried to befriend the woman after he spotted her at Ealing Broadway Station at  5.20am on Saturday May 13. 

The woman rebuffed his approaches, but he followed her onto a bus. He then approached her when she left the bus and offered to escort her home. 

He then forced her to parkland where he carried out a prolonged attack, which included threats of violence. 

The attack occurred between 5.30 and 6.30am  in an area between Stockdove Way, Ruislip Road East and Argyle Road in Perivale.

The victim, a woman in her mid-20s, escaped from Grisoli and ran to a woman who was passing.

This woman called police and stayed with her, even though Grisoli was still in the area.

Detectives from the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences command (CASO) launched an investigation, which included a public appeal to trace the suspect.

Detectives reviewed extensive CCTV from the area and recovered forensic evidence which implicated Grisoli. 

Grisoli was arrested the following day, Monday, 15 May, and charged with several counts of rape; all were on the same victim.

The woman who assisted the victim later gave important evidence in court and the judge commended her and awarded her a £500 reward at the end of the trial.

Detective Inspector Christine Edgar said: "Grisoli acted like a predator throughout this attack - approaching, following and attacking his victim in a calculated, deliberate and vicious manner. I’m pleased to see justice done today and would like to praise the bravery of the young woman who gave evidence and the members of the public who assisted in the investigation. 

“I hope that today’s verdict helps the victim move on from what has been a horrendous ordeal and reassures the public that the Met will investigate crimes of this nature thoroughly and robustly."