London Attack suspect 'featured in TV documentary about British jihadis'

Seven people were killed on Saturday night

London Bridge was the subject of a horrific attack on Saturday night

Monday, June 5, 2017

One of the men thought to have perpetrated the London Bridge terror attacks appeared in a Channel 4 documentary about British jihadis.

The 27-year-old, who has thus far been identified only by his nickname 'Abz', is thought to have been one of the three men who drove a van into pedestrians on London Bridge on Saturday night, before disembarking and launching a separate attack on neighbouring Borough Market.

Abz, from Barking, appared in a 2016 documentary called The Jihadis Next Door and was seen praying to an Isis flag in a park, according to The Independent.

Neighbours said he had been wearing his favourite Arsenal away shirt in the days leading up to the attack. One of the attackers was pictured lying on the ground wearing the same shirt in the aftermath of the attack.

One neighbour, Ikenna Chigbo, told The Sun Abz had asked him where he could get a van, although it is claimed the suspect was vague when asked why he wanted the vehicle.

Police raided a property in Barking in the early hours of yesterday morning, with a number of people pictured lying on the ground during the operation. Further raids have since taken place as the authorities probe the suspects' wider terror network.

More from talkRADIO: 

Fifa urged to strip Qatar of 2022 World Cup after Isis terror claims

London Bridge attack: Emily Thornberry accuses Theresa May of playing party politics and says 'enough was enough after 9/11'

Election 2017: Tories to fall short of majority, says YouGov election model