Londoner Kyal Moore jailed for knife rampage which left three people injured

Moore, of Edmonton, pleaded guilty to three counts of grievous bodily harm with intent

Kyal Moore carried out the attack outside a bar in Haringey

Thursday, October 5, 2017

A man who attacked and injured three people with a knife in a north London street has been jailed.

Kyal Moore, 31, was sentenced at Wood Green Crown Court on Wednesday October 4 to a total of 12 years' imprisonment with an additional three years on licence.

Moore, of Edmonton, pleaded guilty to three counts of grievous bodily harm with intent, and possession of an offensive weapon at the same court on 21 July.

Police were called to Muswell Hill Broadway, Haringey at around 03:40hrs on Saturday January 28 to a report of a number of men wounded.

Two of the victims were standing outside a bar called Socialite when they were approached by two suspects - one of whom was Moore.

After a brief exchange of words, Moore brandished a knife and swung at the victims, inflicting slash injuries, police said.

As Moore made off, another man was wounded a short distance down the road.

These three victims attended hospital and were treated for their injuries. They were:

- a 25-year-old man who was taken to a central London hospital with an ear injury which required surgery. He also received slash injuries.

- a 23-year-old man who suffered slash injuries to his head and was taken to a north London hospital.

- a 34-year-old man who suffered a stab wound to the neck.

None of the injuries was life-threatening.

A fourth man, believed to be aged in his late 20s, attended a north London hospital for treatment to cuts to his head. Police believe he was also injured during these incidents but officers could not trace him following his discharge from hospital.

Following a media appeal, Moore was positively identified by an officer.

He was arrested on 21 June and when interviewed denied any involvement. However, he was charged the next day.

The second suspect involved has not been traced.

DC Rob Wrightson of Haringey CID said: "This was an incredibly violent, unprovoked knife attack on several people enjoying their night out which could have had far more tragic consequences.

"The reckless violence used by Moore and the severity of the attack was recognised by the judge, who imposed a substantial jail sentence."