A body has been found in the search for six-year-old Lucas Dobson, who fell into the River Stour in Kent on Saturday.
Kent Police said the body has not been formally identified but his family has been informed.
Chief Inspector Mark Weller has thanked members of the public who helped search the area for Lucas.
“I know his family are very grateful and touched by the support provided, and I too would like to offer my own personal thanks,” he said.
“This is a deeply tragic and upsetting incident for all concerned, and Lucas' family are understandably devastated.”
Lucas went missing on Saturday afternoon after he slipped during a fishing trip with his family. His father and two adults jumped into the water but he was swept away by a strong current.
By Tuesday volunteers had been urged to “stay away” as the search narrowed to an area of the river.
Experts have used specialist equipment including sonar detectors, underwater cameras, divers, dogs and drones in the search for Lucas.
Vigils have been held across south-east England for Lucas
On Monday night towns across south-east England held vigils for Lucas, and Twitter users shared images of lit candles with the hashtag #LightUpTheCoastForLucas.
The boy’s aunt, Maciee Stanford, said she was “grateful” for the support.
“Our community is strong and has helped us as much as they can through this hard time for my family and I,” she said.