Man vows to return to Borough Market to pay restaurant bill after terror attack

Man vows to return to pay Borough Market restaurant bill after terror attack

Richard Angell had been eating out in Borough Market at the time of the attack

Monday, June 5, 2017

A man who was eating in a Borough Market restaurant at the time of the terror attack on Saturday has vowed to return to pay the bill - and finish off his meal. 

Richard Angell, the director of the moderate Labour thinktank Progress, had been eating in the Arabica Bar and Kitchen restaurant when three terrorists began their deadly attack

Seven were killed and dozens injured after three jihadists mowed down pedestrians on London Bridge, before leaving the vehicle and indiscriminately stabbing pedestrians in Borough Market. 

Angell witnessed the barricading of the restaurant, and later recounted how a man stumbled out of the Black and Blue restaurant nearby, with blood pouring from his wounds.

Soon, he and other people in the restaurant were escorted away from the scene by the police, but Angell has promised to return to settle his bill and finish off his food once the area reopens. 

You can listen to Angell's interview with talkRADIO here.

Islamic State have claimed responsibility for the attack, and a number of arrests have taken place across London in its aftermath.

More from talkRADIO here: 

London Attack suspect 'featured in TV documentary about British jihadis'

London Bridge: The next attack will take place this week, says former Tory security chief

London Bridge attack: Emily Thornberry accuses Theresa May of playing party politics and says 'enough was enough after 9/11'

London Bridge Attacks: New anti-terror barriers installed on bridge after Saturday's carnage
 

Comments