The chair of the Parliamentary Intelligence and Security Committee Dominic Grieve has committed to carrying on with the inquiry into rendering terror suspects and alleged extremists.
It followed a letter to him earlier this week from Andrew Tyrie, chair of the all-party parliamentary group on extraordinary rendition, saying it was essential the Crown Prosecution Service provided a committee the evidence it gathered before deciding not to bring criminal charges, The Guardian reported.
“Responsibility for the facilitation of rendition should not have been allowed to fall through the cracks,” the letter said.
Speaking to talkRADIO's George Galloway on Friday night, the former Attorney-General Dominic Grieve said if the committee felt it could not conclude its inquiry with representation from three parties, it would refuse to conclude the inquiry.
"What I've said to Andrew Tyrie is that we will carry on with our work and I hope that we will be able to come up with a conclusive report in the not too distant future," he told Mr Galloway.
"Although I should emphasise we are far from finished with this work."
He said the decision about what gets published and put into the public domain isn't up to him, but is up to the Government.
Mr Grieve also said that if he wasn't getting the evidence he needed for the inquiry he'd raise it with the Prime Minister and Parliament.
"I'm satisfied we are getting the documents and the evidence we need at present to do the inquiry."