Omid Saidy: 16-year-old boy charged with Parsons Green murder

Omid Saidy was pronounced dead in Parsons Green Lane at 8:30pm

Omid Saidy was stabbed on October 16

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Detectives investigating the murder of Omid Saidy in Parsons Green have charged a 16-year-old male.

The teenager was charged on Wednesday (October 18) with murder and possession of a pointed or bladed article.

He will appear in custody at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court on Thursday October 19.

An investigation into Saidy's murder by the Homicide and Major Crime Command remains ongoing.

Detectives continue to appeal for witnesses or anyone who has footage of the incident to come forward.

Police were called on Monday October 16 at 7.37pm, following reports of three males stabbed in the area surrounding Parsons Green Tube Station.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and three men were found at various locations suffering from injuries.

Saidy, 20 and from Fulham, was pronounced dead in Parsons Green Lane at 8:30pm.

His next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place. A post-mortem examination is underway.

The remaining injured males were taken by London Ambulance Service to a West London hospital.

A 16-year-old male was discharged from hospital and was arrested and charged as above.

An 18-year-old male has been arrested on suspicion of affray but he remains in hospital. His injuries are deemed serious but not life threatening.

Detectives believe that the deceased confronted a drug dealer and another male who was with him.

The victim then chased the two suspects in the direction of Beaconsfield Walk. During this pursuit he caught up with the suspects and was fatally stabbed.

The 18-year-old man, a friend of the deceased came to his aid and was also stabbed. He had arrived at Beaconsfield Walk on a moped, which collided with a parked vehicle. This incident is not a moped enabled crime.

One of the suspects, described as a black male dressed in dark clothing, fled down Harbledown Road in the direction of Fulham Court.

The second suspect, described as a young white male, ran into Beaconsfield Walk. A short time later, a white male called for an ambulance to come to Munster Road to convey him to hospital for treatment to his own injuries.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh of the Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) who is leading the investigation said:

"We continue to piece together a picture of how the sequence of events leading to and immediately following the murder took place.

"It is imperative that we speak to anyone who was in the area of Parsons Green station between 7pm and 8pm who may have witnessed the murder or the actions of the suspects immediately following the incident.

"In addition, I am keen to identify the black male who fled Parsons Green Lane immediately following the murder and am appealing for footage that members of the public may have recorded as events in the area took place.

"Although we have charged a male with Omid's murder, this is still a live and ongoing investigation.

"A young man has tragically lost his life for simply asking a drug dealer to move on. I urge anyone who can assist our investigation to come forward without delay."

Anyone who witnessed the incident or is in possession of mobile phone footage should contact the HMCC on their incident room number of 0208 785 8099 - you can tweet information to @MetCC. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.