Omid Saidy murder: Police hunting outstanding suspect in Parsons Green stabbing

Omid Saidy died after apparently confronting a drug dealer

Detectives believe that Saidy confronted a drug dealer and another male who was with him

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Detectives investigating the murder of Omid Saidy in Parsons Green are appealing for the public’s help to trace an outstanding suspect.

Police were called on Monday October 16 at 7:37pm following reports of three males stabbed in the area surrounding Parsons Green Tube Station.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service (LAS) and three men were found at various locations suffering from injuries.

Saidy, 20 and from Fulham, was pronounced dead in Parsons Green Lane at 8:30pm.

His next of kin have been informed and formal identification has taken place. A post-mortem examination is underway.

The remaining injured males, aged 16 and 18 years, were taken by London Ambulance Service to a west London hospital.

The 16-year-old male was discharged from hospital and was arrested. He was charged on Wednesday October 18 with murder and possession of a pointed or bladed article. He appeared at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court on Thursday October 19 where he was remanded to appear at the Old Bailey on Monday October 23.

The 18-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of affray but he remains in hospital. His injuries are deemed serious but not life-threatening.

Detectives believe that Saidy confronted a drug dealer and another male who was with him near the Co-Op in Parsons Green Lane.

The victim has then chased the two suspects in the direction of the Tube station.

During this pursuit he caught up with the suspects and was fatally stabbed in Parsons Green Lane, near the junction with Beaconsfield Walk.

The 18-year-old man, who is a friend of Saidy, came to his aid and was also stabbed. He had arrived near the fish and chip shop in Parsons Green Lane on a moped. The moped was in collision with a parked vehicle. This incident is not a moped-enabled crime.

One of the suspects, described as a black male dressed in dark clothing, fled down Harbledown Road in the direction of Fulham Court Estate.

The second suspect, a white male youth, ran into Beaconsfield Walk. A short time later, a white male called for an ambulance to come to nearby Munster Road to convey him to hospital for treatment to his own injuries.

An investigation into Saidy's murder by the Homicide and Major Crime Command remains ongoing.

Detectives continue to appeal for witnesses or anyone who has footage of the incident, including CCTV, to come forward.

Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh of the Met's Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) who is leading the investigation said: "We continue to piece together a picture of how the sequence of events leading to and immediately following the murder took place.

"Omid’s murder has shocked the community but we have had a great response from people in the area and we would urge people to continue to come forward with any information they may have. People should not assume we already know about the information they have, your piece of information can be an extremely important part in helping us piece together what has happened.

"It is imperative that we speak to anyone who was in the area of Parsons Green station between 7.30pm and 8pm who may have witnessed the murder or the actions of the suspects immediately following the incident.

"In addition, I am keen to identify the black male who fled Parsons Green Lane immediately following the murder and I’m appealing for footage that members of the public may have recorded as events in the area took place. This also includes people who have CCTV of the Parsons Green Lane and Harbledown Road area between 7:30pm and 8pm on Monday, 16 October as well as people with dashcam footage from their vehicle or cyclists with headcams.

"Although we have charged a male with Omid's murder, this is still a live and ongoing investigation.

"A young man has tragically lost his life for simply asking a drug dealer to move on. Omid’s family are heartbroken to have lost a loving son and brother. Omid was a voluntary youth worker who wanted to make young people’s lives better. I’d urge anyone who can assist our investigation to come forward without delay."

Anyone who witnessed the incident or is in possession of mobile phone footage should contact the HMCC on their incident room number of 0208 785 8099 - you can Tweet information to @MetCC. To remain anonymous please call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit