Paedophile Carl Beech lied over fake VIP child abuse ring

Carl Beech is expected to be sentenced Friday

Monday, July 22, 2019

A man who falsely claimed there was a murderous Westminster paedophile ring has been found guilty of fraud and perverting the course of justice.

The verdict means it can now be revealed Carl Beech himself is a paedophile, who earlier this year pleaded guilty to voyeurism, making indecent images of children and possessing indecent images.

The former National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children volunteer was found to have secretly filmed a teenage boy urinating.

The 51-year-old was due to be tried on these charges last year but he fled to Sweden using a false identity.

In 2014 Beech made global headlines when he told detectives he was raped by his late stepfather, who then passed him on to be tortured and sexually abused by high-level figures in the 1970s and 80s.

He named former Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath, disgraced TV star Jimmy Savile and former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor as members of the alleged paedophile ring.

Beech had also said he knew of three boys who were murdered by the ring, including one who was raped and strangled in front of him.

His accusations led police to raid the homes of Mr Proctor, 91-year-old Normandy veteran Field Marshall Lord Bramall and the late Lord Brittan.

The £2 million Operation Midland ended with no arrests, and Mr Proctor called the episode “a truly disgraceful chapter in the history of British policing”.

The jury at Newcastle Crown Court found Beech guilty of 12 counts of perverting the course of justice, and one count of fraud.

The fraud charge related to a £22,000 criminal injuries pay-out he falsely claimed for being raped by Savile.

Beech is expected to be charged for all matters on Friday.

Read more

Ex-nurse who accused former PM of sexual abuse ‘misled officers’

Westminster child abuse enquiry branded a 'witch hunt'