Turkish economy minister Nihat Zeybekci has been banned from visiting Austria to mark the anniversary of last year's failed coup in his country.
Zeybecki had been due to attend a rally for Turkish expatriates in Austria to mark the suppression of the coup on July 15, 2016.
However a spokesperson for Austria’s foreign ministry said today (July 10) that the event is a "danger for public order and security in Austria."
Turkey has not yet commented on the matter, according to The Express Tribune.
Last year a disillusioned faction of the Turkish army deployed tanks on the streets as well as bombing the parliament in Ankara and closing bridges in Istanbul in an uprising against President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
However, despite the force they tried to exert, the coup did not succeed as thousands of Turkish people took to the streets to fight against the protest.
This resulted in the deaths of 249 people, but the authorities saw the failed coup as a victory for democracy.
Erdogan claimed the coup had been planned by Fethullah Gulen, an Islamic preacher based in the US. Those who died were described by Erdogan's supporters as "sehitler" which means martyrs for Islam.
As a result July 15 is now a national holiday in Turkey called Democracy and National Unity Day. Many events are planned in Turkey and amongst Turkish diasporas overseas to celebrate the day.
In Turkey Erdogan is set to make a speech on a bridge which was renamed Bridge of the 15 of July Martyrs following the failed coup.
The Netherlands also said on Friday (July 7) that Tugrul Turkes, the deputy prime minister of Turkey, could not visit an event by Turkish expatriates to mark the anniversary.