Two people have died after a fire broke out at a migrant camp in Italy on Thursday night (March 2).
This morning the fire service announced it had found "two charred bodies" in the wreckage left by the fire which engulfed the camp.
Local newspaper Foggia Today said the two men are believed to be from Mali, however they have not yet been identified.
It is not yet clear whether the fire was started on purpose or by accident, however it spread quickly due to strong winds, The Local reported.
It also caused gas tanks, which are used for cooking and heating in the camp, to explode.
The fire service said the fire was "under control" by 7am this morning (March 3), but it has destroyed around 100 huts.
The camp in San Severo, Apulia is known as 'the Big Ghetto' to migrants and locals.
It measures around 5,000 square metres and has been in existence for 20 years and contained several huts made of wood, cardboard and plastic.
Police had been evicting members of the camp on Wednesday (March 1), after allegations of criminal activity within the camp.
Despite this 350 people refused to leave and around 200 people protested against the action on Thursday morning.