Two 17-year-olds have been arrested on suspicion of murder after an 18-year-old man became the latest victim of London's knife crime epidemic on Wednesday, the Met Police have said.
The two suspects were arrested late on Wednesday evening.
Police were appealing for witnesses on Thursday after the killing took the total number of murders in the capital to above 50.
The Met said officers on patrol had been flagged down by the driver of an oncoming car at around 8pm on Wednesday who told them there had been an altercation nearby.
They were assisted by an off-duty paramedic until the London Ambulance and the Air Ambulance arrived, but the young man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chief Superintendent Sue Williams, leading Hackney borough, said: "My officers were flagged down to the Link Street incident and did all they could to try to save the life of the teenager, rendering emergency first aid and chest compressions with the help of an off-duty paramedic until the ambulance service and London's Air Ambulance arrived.
"They are devastated they were unable to prevent yet another tragic death in the capital.
"In Hackney we are working hard to prevent further violence and keep people safe - we have extra officers on the streets, both highly visible and in plain clothes carrying out a range of intelligence-led operations and patrols."